Monday, 14 February 2011
The idea is brunch-like, but proprotioned to be dinner sized. All of it is cooked in one roasting tin, so it's pretty easy. It served it with nice crusty rolls and butter, but other ideas can be with vegetarian sausages or add some roasted onions or round it off afterwards with a bowl of sweet porridge.
Takes around 45 minutes in all
Small tub of cherry tomatoes (around 200g)
400g button mushrooms
Eggs according to how many each person wants
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
Olive oil for roasting, salt and pepper for seasoning
Preheat oven to 220C
* Chop the potaoes into roughly 2cm chunks and put into a medium-sized roasting tin
* Drizzle some olive oil over and toss or stir to make sure they are well covered. Season as desired with salt and pepper and place the thyme on top
* Bake for 10 minutes, then stir the potatoes and add the mushrooms
* Bake for a further 10 minutes, then add the tomatoes
* Bake for 10 more minutes, then remove, create hollows between the veg, then crack the eggs into the hollows.
* Bake for a last 5 minutes
Posted by Heket at 16:21