Monday, 14 March 2011
Another baked pasta favourite. This is the quorn version (I sometimes also have spinach, ricotta and mushroom) and is very simple to make and reasonably good for you.
Serves a very generous 4
Total time to prepare and cook: around 45 minutes
500g Quorn mince
2 x 450g tins of flavoured tomatoes (i.e. with herbs or garlic in) OR 2 jars of similar-sized ready-made pasta sauce
2 peppers (I used orange and yellow)
Grated cheese enough to sprinkle over the top
Lasagne sheets - I can't say how many as there are so many different sizes and different sizes of baking tins/dishes. I use Waitrose fresh ones, 1 packet.
For the white sauce:
2 pints (1.1L) of milk
4 tbsp flour
1 tsp dried rosemary
Preheat over to 200C
* Make the white sauce as per recipe shown in this blog
* Cook the peppers, mince and tomato sauce mix for 10 minutes over a moderately high heat
* Layer the lasagne sheets with the mince and white sauce in a baking dish, remembering to keep some white sauce spare for the topping
* On top of the last layer of pasta, pour a good amount of white sauce to cover and then sprinkle with the cheese
* Bake for up to 30 minutes, checking to make sure the cheese doesn't burn!